Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Time for Christmas Music!

Today marks the start of my Christmas station on Pandora at work. I will happily be playing holiday tunes in my cube from now until New Year's Eve! Although I am free to listen to anything that pops up at work, Robbie has set some pretty high standards for the house. He won't let just any old album play, so here of four of the albums that have made the cut.


Sufjan Stevens, "Songs for Christmas" - This Christmas set includes five discs, each loaded with classic holidays tunes, and a few originals. In typical Sufjan fashion, he has an entirely new take on the classics; usually consisting of quirky orchestral arrangements and folk staples like banjo. This album is an absolute staple in our house during December.

Dustin Kensrue, "The Good Night is Still Everywhere" - This is one of Robbie's favorite Christmas albums. Dustin breathes new life into traditional songs, and his gritty voice is a welcome break from the squeaky-clean commercial sound.

Jackson 5, "Christmas Album" - Who doesn't love little Michael singing, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"?! Their songs always get me moving when I'm baking holiday treats in the kitchen.

Pottery Barn, "Hip Holidays Vol. 1" - I inherited this album from a friend of mine and I must admit that it is one of my absolute favorites. Some of the great voices you will hear include, Ella Fitzgerald, Lou Rawls, Etta James, and Dean Martin. It sounds strange, but Pottery Barn really nails it with this one.

What are your favorite holiday albums? 

4 comments:

  1. My new favorite!

    http://www.amazon.com/Very-She-Him-Christmas/dp/B005KJZDXK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322505905&sr=8-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat - I love She&HIm, nicely done.

    Tracy - The HA theme song is one of the songs that instantly puts me in the Christmas spirit. I would ask if I could borrow it to kick-up the holiday spirit, but I'm not sure the postage would be worth it. Haha!

    Everyone else - Keep 'em coming! I'm loving this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome recommendations! I've been looking a for a holiday music cd. Def will check these out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^