Tuesday, December 20, 2011

SF Renegade Craft Fair Recap

Over the weekend, some friends and I hopped in the car and went to the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco. For those who may not know, the Renegade Craft Fair is an amazing event with over 200 amazing sellers. The booths are adorable and each of the items are hand-crafted.


This was my second year and I liked it even more than my first. I knew what to expect going in and I had a much better game plan overall. I was even able to exercise some self-control and not go completely bonkers at the letterpress booths. Saying that, I did not walk away empty handed. I snagged a few Christmas gifts and left with a beautiful new dress that will be perfect for the holidays. To give you a glimpse into what you can expect, I've also included my three favorite vendors below:


Woodcut Maps
These artists produce hand-made wood inlay maps individually created for each customer. They even had Google maps set up on a laptop at the fair! The wood is so beautiful and I would love to have maps of my hometown and favorite cities hanging in my room. Added bonus: Robbie absolutely loves maps, so he would be sure to enjoy them as well.


Mary Kate McDevitt
Mary Kate is a letterer and illustrator based in Portland, OR. I like her work so much because she hand draws each design before screen printing them. I love the detail she puts into each piece. Plus, think of how cheery it would be to have one of her posters hanging in your office or cube!


Flock Home
Flock Home merges two of my favorite things: simple designs and linens. I like the tea towels so much, I wouldn't want to actually use them as towels!


Overall, it was a great trip. I purchased some adorable gifts, allowed myself to be inspired in the beautiful surroundings, and had a blast with my friends! Get ready for the next one: July 2012!

Have you ever been to the Renegade Craft Fair? What are you drawn to most at craft fairs?
(p.s. Check out Sobrina's favorites on Quiet Like Horses)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^