Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Making Hot Chocolate at Home

It is no secret that I love hot chocolate. It is such a treat and I would have no problem drinking a cup everyday during winter. Although drinking it everyday would be ideal, buying it at a coffee shop everyday is expensive! There are ways to cut down costs. For example, my friend Alison purchases the largest size available and then splits the contents between two containers and saves half for the next day. I have tried this method, but it doesn't seem to work well on my way into work.

Photobucket

Since Alison's suggestion isn't ideal for my commute, I have decided to make hot chocolate at home before I leave for work. Yesterday, I warmed milk in the microwave and then mixed a hot chocolate packet. To be honest, it wasn't very good. The milk tasted burnt and was luke warm by the time I got to the car. Today, I'm going to try warm milk and the hot chocolate sticks my mom gave me for Christmas. I realize hot chocolate packets and sticks may not glamourous, so I'm open to suggestions.

Do you have any fool-proof hot chocolate recipes? Any recommendations for cutting down hot chocolate costs?
(Photo taken by Sobrina from Quiet Like Horses)

2 comments:

  1. Stacy! My mom buys nesquick chocolate milk, heats it in the microwave and loves it! Even throws some whipped cream on top :) Hope its tastey!
    Emily M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Nesquick chocolate milk and hot chocolate, but have never thought about turning the former into the latter! What a great idea. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

    Thanks Emily!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^