Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Outdoor Lights

I love winter and I love the rain. Saying that, the one thing I miss most about summer is outdoor evening activities. Since the sun is out so much longer (which is a major bonus in itself), we can ride our bikes around the neighborhood after work, have dinner outside, and invite people over for bonfires and s'mores. 

To me, great outdoor space enhances each of these activities. One aspect of outdoor space that I will totally geek out over is lighting. Outdoor lighting creates a sense of comfort and warmth for me, especially in the summertime. It reminds me of warm weather, good food, and laughter. In all fairness to winter, Christmas lights in December stir these same kind of feelings. 


Since it seems as though winter won't really be making an appearance in California this year, I've already started thinking about my summer activities. I definitely want to spend more time in our backyard this year, so I want to make sure the lighting will be just right. I found these great options as I was poking around Pinterest and would love to take a couple of them on as DIY projects. I have a few months to prepare, but knowing me, I should start sooner rather than later!

Do you use outdoor lighting? Store bought or homemade? Do you have any recommendations for DIY lighting projects?
(Photos: one, two, three, & four; all found via Pinterest)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^