Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Camping

Today marks the first day of Spring! Spring is not my favorite season, but it does have some undeniably great qualities. I love fresh blossoming trees, longer days, and how quickly life starts to stir. Since Spring follows a dark, cold, and barren season (one of my favorites though!), people start to come out of their homes at the first sign of sun. Farmer's markets get fuller, bike rides become more common, and fun summer trips begin to be planned. One activity I hope to take part in at least once this Spring/Summer is camping. I love being in nature, sitting around a campfire, and smelling the fresh air around me. For some, camping is not a relaxing vacation, but I am thrilled when I get to sleep in a sleeping bag and tent. It reminds me of my childhood and makes me feel adventurous!

Do you enjoy camping? Are you starting to plan any summer trips?
(Photo: via AWellTraveled Woman)

2 comments:

  1. We have shared the bet camping trips with our kids and close friends. There is nothing better than sleeping under the stars and waking up to the smell of bacon. It's awesome. A wonderful, wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you view it as a vacation! Camping can demand a lot of time and energy, but you're right, nothing beats sleeping under the stars.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^