Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dream Interpretations

How often do you dream? I'm not talking about becoming an astronaut or a movie star, but the kind that happens with your head firmly planted on your pillow. I don't dream as often as I used to, and to be honest, I miss it. Who knows, maybe I am having nights full of dreams and I just don't remember them. When I do remember my dreams, it's so fun to pick out certain aspects of what I remember and identify which part of my life they came from.


Last week, my roommate Sarah had a dream that she was slaying zombies who were trying to attack her. She said she was slaying them with a sword and woke up in a cold sweat, feeling anxious. Just a couple of days ago, Robbie woke up and told me he had a dream about baseball. He was trying out somewhere (similar to Spring Training) and just wasn't any good. He said he was so frustrated in his dream because he couldn't get the hang of it. He woke up with the desire to go practice playing baseball (a sport he has never really played).

I'm sure there are reasonable explanations as to why Sarah and Robbie had their dreams. Sarah was probably dreaming about zombies because she had watched two episodes of The Walking Dead before she went to bed (bad move), and Robbie was probably dreaming about baseball because the season has almost started and he has been making sure to stay up to date on player news from his favorite teams. Although those may be the logical explanations, I thought it would be fun to look up interpretations of what their dreams meant. Here is what Dream Moods says about Sarah and Robbie's dreams:

Self-Defense (a.k.a. killing zombies trying to eat you):
To dream that you are taking self defense indicates that you are on the defensive about some issue in your waking life. You feel that you are being picked on or criticized.

Sports Dream (i.e. playing baseball):
To dream that you are playing a sport signifies the learning of rules, recognition of your talents, and the achieving of your goals. It also highlights the importance of cooperation, harmony, and teamwork. Perhaps the dream is a pun on how you need to be more of a "sport". To play or watch extreme sports in your dream suggests that you may be pushing yourself too hard. You need to consider the risks involved and if it is still worth it to pursue further.

Have you ever had your dreams interpreted? Did you find it to be accurate?
(Photo: Youth Novels)

1 comments:

  1. Haha!I do feel picked on!! Especially by Robbie. He and Jesse blamed me for peer pressuring Jesse into staying up late and watching Parenthood the other night. I did no such thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^