Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Busiest Travel Day of the Year


Today marks the busiest travel day of the year. Millions of people are set to hit the road, hop on planes, and ride the railways to see their loved ones. The estimates for today: long lines and even higher gas prices.

Rob and I are pretty lucky because our family is close by and we don't have to drive more than 40 minutes to get to almost everyone. I am grateful for this. Rob and I wanted to move to the Pacific Northwest (Portland or Seattle) for a while, but I'm happy we stayed. I remember when my dad lived in Hawaii and we never got to see each other during the holidays; it was a bummer. We usually planned to visit just after the holidays when ticket prices would drop like crazy, but it was never really the same. I'm sure we would have fallen completely in love with our new city and we would have made the most of anytime we could spend with our family, but I also know that I would have missed my family like CRAZY during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

What about you? Will you be traveling at all today? Do you have family near or far?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^