Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Go Lovely


My friend Misty recently started a blog called Happy Go Lovely. She's dedicated the space to share her life, her thoughts, and her family (bonus: she has the cutest little daughter who rocks an awesome Halloween costume). Last week she posted a super personal post about her sleeping habits since her daughter was born. Here is an excerpt:

Last night we were lying in bed trying to fall asleep and for the first time in over a year I could feel Danny's heartbeat. There is something special about feeling or hearing another person's heartbeat. It is so personal. It made me slow down for a second and appreciate him being there, and realize how much I had missed him while he had been snoring on the couch the last year. It also reminded me of the first time I had felt Claire's tiny heart beating after she was born.

Not only do I love the title of her post, "My Heart Beats for Them", I love how vulnerable she is and how honest her feelings are. Since I'm not a mother, I am not familiar with the challenges of adjusting to a little one. I've heard that babies can put a strain on relationships, but in what kinds of ways? Arguing over how to teach? Feeling overwhelmed with the responsibility and lack of sleep? Or simply not being able to give your partner as much attention (or receive it for that matter)? 

I'm sure each couple faces individual adjustments and Rob and I will undoubtably face our own. That is why I appreciate and admire the kind of posts like Misty's. It is encouraging to see different couples working through parenthood in their own ways. How will Rob and I do it? I have no clue. We'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there. Until then, I'll take mental notes! 

Head over to Happy Go Lovely and check out the full post here! If you're feeling extra friendly, say hey! and welcome Mist to the wonderful world of blogging. :)

3 comments:

  1. If and when you become a mom, you will be wonderful! I just know it:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace! You are too sweet. Thanks for the shout out! And I agree with Anonymous, you will be wonderful. Claire needs a little friend anyway, get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^