Monday, September 19, 2011

Feelings of Flight

Photobucket

Hello friends!  The last couple of days have left me feeling as though I want to run away from my responsibilities.  I'm not sure if it's the first round of major grad school deadlines, or facing the harsh realities of adulthood, but I want to buy a one-way ticket and figure out the details after I land.

Yes, I have been known to get a serious case of wanderlust or two, but this bout has been creating severe writer's block in my studies.  All I can think about is dedicating my time and energy into my creative outlets.  Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy being in a classroom, participating in discussion, and keeping my mind flexible.  However, I've been having a difficult time locating the motivation to get everything going.

I'm sure these feelings will pass, but in the meantime, it has left me pondering my decisions and the direction these decisions will take me.

How do you face feelings of flight?  Do you have a process for dealing with a resistance to responsibility?  Any insights are greatly appreciated...


(Photo courtesy of National Geographic)

1 comments:

  1. On the back of a motor bike
    With your arms outstretched trying to take flight
    Leaving everything behind
    But even at our swiftest speed, we couldn't break from the concrete
    In the city where we still reside.

    Death Cab for Cutie - Brothers on a Hotel Bed

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^