Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall is Coming! I Think...

Photobucket

Rumor has it that Fall is upon us.  Unfortunately, this is not the case for California quite yet.  Temperatures hit the 80's yesterday and are trending upward the rest of the week.  It looks like summer is going to give us a final hooray before it says goodbye.

When Summer decides to finally hang it's hat and say goodbye for a couple of months, I'll be ready with my scarf, rain boots, and nice warm cup of hot chocolate!  Until then, my plan is to soak up what is left of the summer sun.

Do you have any tips to beat the end of season heat?  Do you feel like the weather keeps playing a joke on us?

(Photo courtesy of suziebeezie.tumbler.com)

3 comments:

  1. Here's how to beat the heat; don't! Just kick back and melt with it like an old buddy. pick up a copy of Brightblack Morning Light, pop it in the ol' discman, find your favorite lounge chair and all you got to do is just sit back and have a good time with your pal summer. He's just trying to get you to slow down and take it easy. Maybe if that isn't enough you can make a nice cold glass of iced tea to help slow yourself down. You'll get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Andrew! Although, I get the sneaking suspicion that I don't love hanging with our friend summer nearly as much as you do. Is he still hanging out up north?

    I do appreciate that heat encourages us to slow down and enjoy our surroundings. It's always good to be reminded of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is on his way out up here. I am sad to see him go, especially now that I work outside.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^