Monday, September 26, 2011

Rainy Weather Food

Just last week I was talking about how Summer won't seem to leave, so I was delightfully surprised by a rainy day this weekend!  I love the rain, so as soon as I heard those familiar drops my mind starting racing toward all of my rainy day traditions: keep at least one window open so that I can hear all the drops, bundle up in something cozy, and eat something warm and delicious.  I ended up opening every window in my house, it was still a bit warm to pull out my comfy (the Brookstone version of a snuggie), and I was cooped up most of the weekend doing homework, leaving me unable to be adventurous in the kitchen.

Although I wasn't able to make it into the kitchen, that didn't stop my stomach from growling over what I did find.  Liz, over at A Whisk and a Prayer, created a drool-worthy version of Mac N Cheese in a slow cooker.  Look at how perfectly the melted cheese and crumbs work together.

Photobucket
(Don't you just want to dive right in?!)

And Deb, over at Smitten Kitchen, put a unique twist on grilled cheese and tomato soup combo.  Her recipe obviously displays thought and creativity.  It is a delicious combo I would never be brave enough to think of myself!

Photobucket
(Isn't mixing the two genius?!)

I was naturally drawn to each of these recipes by my love for cheese.  Both look simple enough for my amateur skill level (although roasting tomatoes seems a bit intimidating), so I'm excited to have the opportunity to try them.  I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out. You can find the Mac 'N Cheese recipe here and the grilled cheese/ tomato soup recipe here.  Enjoy!

What are your go-to rainy weather foods?  Do you have any advice for roasting tomatoes? I'm all ears!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^