Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rest

Photobucket

I am tired. I'm afraid my workload, school, and social life are catching up with my body. I feel like my body is looking for rest anywhere it can get it; I mean I accidentally fell asleep in my car yesterday! No, I wasn't driving, but it wasn't on purpose either.

The tricky part is that I don't want to slow down any areas of my life. I am really excited about all of my creative outlets, my mind is being challenged in new ways at school, and I am enjoying my job. My excitement and passion for the things I'm pursuing are motivating me to push myself to the limit. I know I am running the risk of burning out, but isn't doing what you love worth it?

The Arcade Fire's song Rebellion (Lies) rings so true to me in this time of life...

Sleeping is giving in,
no matter what the time is.
Sleeping is giving in,
so lift those heavy eyelids.

People say that you'll die
faster than without water.
But we know it's just a lie,
scare your son, scare your daughter.

What are your thoughts about pushing yourself to the brink?  How do you release pressure?

(Photo was taken at the Louvre in Paris)

1 comments:

  1. God is amazing the way He can provide when we are being used for His glory. Your talents are many but you CAN overdo it. Remember to prioritize and know that saying "no" to some things right now doesn't mean you can't do them at another time. Just say "yes" to Him! We love you, Cutie........

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^