Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Big Decisions

Have you ever thought reaching a milestone would somehow make life less complicated? I know it sounds a bit foolish, but I really thought getting my Bachelors Degree would somehow make life less complicated. As you might have guessed, this has not been the case. I don't want to act as though my life is overly-complicated, but there are still big decisions to be made. My life is full of fun things, but I worry that I am getting to the point where I may need to scale back one or two of them.

I started a Graduate Program in August and I have been struggling with whether or not it is a path I want to continue to pursue. Logically, it makes sense. It will only benefit me in the future, it is only three years when compared to the entirety of my life, and I really enjoy my in-class discussions. However, I have been struggling with the balance of my school work, work work, and creative outlets. I definitely cannot stop working, I like my job, and it's great experience. I can't imagine giving up my creative outlets (i.e. Content magazine and my blog) because they are what make me excited and they help me stay sane. This leaves me questioning the only commitment left: Grad school.

So, how do you come to a resolution on big decisions? Do you have a go-to process in place? I'd love to hear your insights.

1 comments:

  1. Grad school is a tough decision. I guess think about what your dream job is and see if these classes or this degree would help you get close to this dream job...

    I struggle with these same questions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^