Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving is Almost Here


Thanksgiving is exactly one week away! Can you believe it? I can't. I feel like each year passes by faster and faster. According to my roommate, Starbucks has officially declared it "Christmas Season". They are now using red cups, playing Christmas tunes, and offering seasonal beverages. However, I'm not ready to forget about Thanksgiving just yet. I love the food, the warmth, and the downtime. Thanksgiving is a time to overeat and a time when naps are encouraged. It is a holiday that forces people to slow down, simply by closing nearly every store. It's perfect.

This year, Robbie's family will be coming over to our house to celebrate. I'm not worried or stressed because everyone contributes and no one makes me cook the turkey :). I'm looking forward to a time of catching up, sharing stories, and enjoying each other's company.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Are you traveling anywhere to celebrate?
(Photo: Scope)

2 comments:

  1. I will be working...yay for time and a half :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will the hospital at least be providing yummy, Thanksgiving-like food? I hope so!

    You will for sure be in my heart on that lazy day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^