Thursday, November 3, 2011

Work Family


Having good work friends can either make or break a work environment for you. They are the people you spend a majority of your time with, they know how to break the ice in tense situations, and they can share the weight of stressful experiences. Sometimes it can be difficult to build these relationships, but the payoff is tremendous. At a previous job, I was completely miserable everyday. I had a hard time getting out of bed and a friend even described the feeling as "soul crushing". Throughout this time, I had one co-worker who was my shining light and was able to cheer me up. She would stop by to tell me a joke, take me out for breaks, and encourage me to follow my dreams and passions. I would not have made it through that time without her.

I am lucky enough to have great work friends. They do everything above and so much more. Cecilia keeps it real, Denise always make me laugh, Scott and Michael spoil me with delicious treats, Eric has been a great cube neighbor, and Sobrina is one of my best friends (even though she doesn't technically work with me anymore). They encourage me and support me in the same way my biological family does. Work would not be the same without you, work family!

Do you have a work family or do you work from home? Do you hang out with your work family on the weekend?
(Photo: here)

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I was just thinking the same thing about you! I can't wait to see you at work today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family! :D I love this post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^