Thursday, December 1, 2011

Today Marks the End of Movember

Movember is finally over. Sorry gents, but I can never get into the thick lip bangs that hang around all month long, even if it is for a great cause. For those who don't know, Movember is a charity event that lasts the entire month of November. Men grow thick mustaches in order to raise funds and awareness for mens health. For example, twelve players on the San Jose Sharks hockey team participated to raise money for prostate cancer. Individuals can also host their own fundraisers through an organization such as US Movember.

Although it is not my favorite time of year, I will admit that most of the men who participate take it pretty seriously (i.e. my friend Ryan, who went for the "Unabomber" look in the second picture below) and some pretty solid mustaches made an appearance this year. Here are some of my favorites:


Did you participate in Movember this year? What are your thoughts on lip bangs? Am I the only one who is not a fan?! I have to know. 
(Photos: All photos found on US Movember, with the exception of #2. That is my friend Ryan's profile picture. Thanks Ryan! :). 

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^