Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Staying in Prague

Over the weekend, I took some time to plan our big trip and I'm happy to report back that I gained some great insight into what to see in Prague! One of my goals over the weekend was to nail down a place for us to crash for the few days we will be there. In order to save on some cost and experience cities as locals, we have decided to use Airbnb and recommended Hostels as resources for our trip (I only looked at Airbnb listings on Saturday). Luckily, I have narrowed the choices down to three! I've sent the information on to my travel mates, but I wanted to get your opinions as well (note, there will be five of us traveling together).

Which one would you choose...


Option 1 
  • Apartment comfortably sleeps 5.
  • 10 minute subway ride to the city center
  • Total cost: $240 for 2 nights = $48 per person ($24 a day)
  • Based on the reviews, the host is SUPER accommodating. She provides transit guides, city maps, and personal recommendations. 

Option 2 
  • Ground floor apartment that sleeps 4 comfortably, but can sleep 5.
  • Right in the middle of the Jewish Quarter, in the heart of the city center. Based on Rick Steves and the reviews I've seen online, this is one of the best neighborhoods to be in.
  • Total cost: $440 for 2 nights = $88 per person ($44 a day)
  • The place seems super central and cute. The host wasn't very detailed in her response to me, but that could be a language issue. I realize it is double, but I really like the idea of being so central.

Option 3 
  • Modern flat that comfortably sleeps 7.
  • This flat is located in old town, one of the four main neighborhoods within the city center
  • Total cost: $366 (+10% airbnb service tax) for two nights = roughly $76 per person ($16 a day)
  • The major drawback with this one is that they want a 200 Euro security deposit. To be honest, I'd rather go with one of the other two so that we don't have to worry about the security deposit once we leave.
Which option would you choose? Would you go with a more expensive option that has you right in the middle of everything? Or would you opt to save a few dollars and utilize the public transportation system? I'd love to hear!

5 comments:

  1. Your Favorite Female RoomateMay 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM

    I'm with you, option 2. Its Prague, stay in the city center...although haha I wouldn't want to be the one on the floor so you guys will have to ro sham bo that ish ;)

    still jealous btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of our travel buddies and your old favorite roomie who has idly hairMay 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

    in order of favorite:
    1, 2, 3. I like 1 best mainly because the idea of an involved, friendly hostess sounds fabulous. and the cost is great. AND travel throughout the city is said to be very easy, so no worries about getting around.
    2- this one has an obvious pro because of the location. but cost is almost double, correct?
    3- this one doesn't even make my list. I should take it off. it looks awesome, but I also worry about a several hundred dollar deposit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's the roommate with the *curly not idly hair. also * your travel buddy not our.

    ReplyDelete
  4. option 1. I love Prague one of my absolute favorite cities. I have a black & white photo of the St. Charles bridge with the gothic church in the background hanging over my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Consider that your going to spend 3 euro on each subway ticket, I think Option 1 and 2 are essentially the same on prices - but as B stated before, location is everything. Stay central. Jewish Quarter is awesome, and it's within walking distance of everything else in Prague so I vote for Option #2. If you had more time maybe a fun host would be great, but with only 3 days and so much to see, I think you'll be busy enough! You are going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^