Monday, October 1, 2012

A New Chapter Begins


Today I start a new job! I have been keeping mum about the change until all of the dust settled and the details were worked out (the transition is also a part of the reason I have been a bit MIA on here). I will be contributing to the Social Media Marketing and Communication team for a non-profit organization called Slavery Footprint. Slavery Footprint builds awareness around modern day slavery and human trafficking, and have an amazingly interactive website (a.k.a. you should check it out). It is a heavy cause, but one that is important and needs to be talked about.

Change can be scary, but sometimes you just have to do it. I'm not totally sure what to expect from my new position, but I'm exited to learn. I'm excited to be working to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people who are being taken advantage of. The topic itself can be daunting, but that doesn't mean I should run away from it either. I'm sure a heavy heart is ahead, but I'm happy to know that I will be working to end human suffering.

Wish me luck!

(p.s. How do you decide what photo best represents a new chapter in your life? I didn't know how to choose, ha! This one was taken in Yosemite in 2011)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new adventure! I KNOW that you will make an awesome difference! Good luck! They will be happy to have you. And remember that change is always a little scary but I've always learned that something wonderful will be behind the next door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations, stacy!! i'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm having a ton of fun and I can't wait to update you both. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^