Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cafe 15


I started the new job yesterday and it was awesome! I'm really excited for what's ahead. The company is in a really exciting time (we just got a shout out from President Obama; for real) and we have a lot of (good) work ahead of us. I don't think I mentioned it yesterday, but the office is located in Downtown Oakland. Luckily, once I wrap up training I'll be able to work from home (it's about an hour away), but in the meantime, it's fun to explore a city I don't have much experience with.

As a "welcome to the team, let's get to know each other a little more" time, my managers took me to a great restaurant called Cafe 15. It's a short walk from our work and has a great outdoor area. I ordered the Wild Arugula Salad, which came with goat cheese, melon, walnuts, and cinnamon pears. It was super yummy and surprisingly filling, but I didn't take a single picture (don't judge me, I was relationship building)!

Do you have any recommendations for Downtown Oakland?
(All photos are from Cafe 15's Facebook page) 

5 comments:

  1. I just read a yahoo article that said "Uptown" Oakland was one of the hippest neighborhoods in the U.S. Apparently it is up and coming with restaurants opening every week. How far is that from you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the article: http://homes.yahoo.com/news/the-10-hippest-neighborhoods-in-america.html?page=10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get a chance to hang out with Sar since you'll be in her neighborhood =o) She has been doing some Dish Crawls in Uptown area lately (but you probably already knew that) =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She got to spend the night with Sarita! Lucky duck. Man girl this sounds amaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob - I believe Cafe 15 is right at the bottom of Uptown, so not too far. We walked during lunch yesterday.

    Laurelcita - Sarbear is right, I am definitely hanging with the Komps! They let me crash at their place last night so that I didn't have to drive as far. I miss you and hope that you are well! :)

    Oh, and Happy Birthday to Dani!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^