Monday, November 26, 2012

Redecorating Inspiration

When Rob and I moved into our house 3 years ago I painted our living room a beautiful, deep red. It looks great at Christmas and really makes our white farm shudders pop. I've definitely enjoyed my time with the red walls. However, we only have one window (that doesn't get much light) in the living room, so any light that does come in gets sucked by the walls. This has left me craving a room redo. I'm thinking of having white walls, a gray couch, and bright accents (via lamp shades and pillows) to bring color into the room. Rob says we can go for it, I just need to map out some of the costs, and I'm thinking about *maybe* asking for Home Depot gift certificates for Christmas! Before we start purchasing paint, here are some of my room inspirations...




(I realize that this is a bedroom, and not a living room, I just love how they've pulled in such bright colors.)



Any suggestions and/ or recommendations for redoing a living room?
(See full inspiration board and sources here)

3 comments:

  1. What about a light shade of gray for the fireplace wall? That way, it would set off the fireplace wall and balance the couch on the other side of the room. The rest of the walls could then be white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, greetings from London, I'm not quite sure how I found your site but a lovely site it is. I like image 1 and 2. We have Farrow and Ball's Strong White in our house and it's lovely - contemporary but not too cold. It's a very subtle but lovely light grey. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma Ernst - I do like that idea of making the fireplace wall gray, that way the fireplace can really stand out.

    Geraldine - Hello! I'm so glad that you stopped by to say hello. Thank you for the recommendation on paint colors and I'll be sure to share photos once we get the ball rolling...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^