Monday, December 31, 2012

An Inadvertent Blogging Break


You may have noticed that things have been a bit quiet here the last couple of weeks. It turns out that I took a little bit of a blogging break. The holidays came up and there was lots to do, and I just let time slip away. This happened to me last year, so I think I should better prepare next time. :)

I've also been using this break to think about the purpose of my blog and what I hope to accomplish with it. I began posting as a creative outlet from my 9-5 and as a place to express ideas I was wrestling with (anyone remember my turmoil over grad school?). I've been blogging for over a year now, but I feel like I need to have a clearer focus if I'm going to move forward. I don't want to post everyday out of obsessive-compulsive tendencies or guilt; I want it to be purposeful. Here is some of what I've been thinking about:
  • What do I want my blog to focus on (travel, life, design, food, anything and everything, etc.)? 
  • What do I want my blog to accomplish?
    • Do I want it to continue to be a creative outlet or do I want it to assist my career in some way?
    • What steps do I need to take to reach those goals? 
  • Is my blog continuing to be something that is fruitful and productive in my life or is it distracting me from other areas and relationships?   
Where will this introspection lead? I'm not sure, but I'll keep you posted. 
(Photo taken in Florence, Italy, 2012)

p.s. Have a happy and safe New Year! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^