Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Love Letter: My dearest

This week's love letter comes from a father missing his daughter who has recently gone away to school.  The vulnerability he shares with his daughter is so sweet.  Enjoy!

My dearest Namratha,

I hope you find this letter in perfect health and happy mind. I suppose that you have already been settled in your new room and that your classes have begun. I just wanted to let you know that I miss you a lot. I know it seems very childish to get emotional at this age but even though it’s been just few days since you have gone, I am feeling completely lonely here. I miss your never ending stories and ever present arguments between us.

Though I am missing you lots and wish that you were here with me, I am really happy and proud of you that you managed to secure a seat in a top college. You have always given me a reason to feel proud and you are the sole reason for my existence after your mother left us. It is strange in a way to see you making your own decisions and going on with your life because you still are my little girl, my baby princess. I love you a lot and will always be there for you if you should need me.

Good luck for your new life and do write in regularly. It will give me the peace of mind that you are fine and doing good.

With lots of love,

Daddy

Do you have a love letter you would like to share?  If so, email stacyernstblog at yahoo.


(Letter courtesy of Write Letters)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^