Monday, April 9, 2012

Farmer's Market Finds

On Saturday morning, Robbie and I headed to the Grand Opening of the farmer's market at San Pedro Square Market (SPSM). It is a year 'round market held every Saturday from 10am - 2pm, and features vendors selling fruits, veggies, artisan food, meat & fish, eggs, dairy, flowers, and art. On top of all the selection from the sellers the farmer's market is right outside SPSM, which means you can shop around the market and then grab brunch with a friend.


Robbie and I bought some oranges, artichokes, and flowers and then ordered brunch from The Little Chef. As always, the food was delicious and the outdoor seating was great. I was too caught up in enjoying the sunshine and forgot to take a picture! You'll have to trust me when I say that it was gorgeous.


Overall, it was a wonderfully relaxing morning. Although it was the grand opening for their new farmer's market and some permanent vendors, we didn't feel rushed or forgotten. It was a casual morning that set a great tone for the rest of the weekend!

Do you have a farmer's market near you? What's your favorite things to get?
(Photos taken for Short Story Long)

2 comments:

  1. I was out of town this weekend, but I'm looking forward to going next weekend before I head over to the Taco Festival. Downtown San Jose keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does! I love everything that is going on and the passion that so many people have for the city. I'm bummed to be missing the Taco Festival this weekend, I'll be out of town myself. Make sure to take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^