Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Visual Noise


Have you ever thought about visual noise? I hadn't before I read a post by Jennifer over at A Merry Mishap. She is a jewelry designer and blogger who is in a constant state of visual stimulation. Since this can sometimes leave her feeling overwhelmed, she stripped her house bare. She packed up anything on her walls, shelves, and even her rug! Everything.

She reported back that she very much enjoyed the break and it allowed her mind to rest. She appreciated the peace it created and the way it cleared her mind. My first inclination is that I wouldn't be able to do it. We are already pretty tight on space, so I'm not sure I would be able to find places for everything that resides on dresser tops, night stands, or shelves. Looking around my room can sometimes be overwhelming, so it might be a fun challenge to try.

Have you ever completely eliminated visual noise? If not, do you think it is something you could do?
(Photo: Jakob Nylund via A Merry Mishap)

1 comments:

  1. We are not the type to have things laying around. I think that we do a pretty good job of minimalizing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Short Story Long All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^